I sent the revised version of "The Magic Storm" to two places today. One, a contest, and the other, an editor. Let the waiting begin.
This is the novel that's earned two grants for me. I can now submit the second grant report with a clear conscience that I hit all of the goals I'd promised when I submitted the grant proposal. This is the most polished the novel has ever been, so I'm finally comfortable sending it out to markets. Fingers crossed that it reads as well to others as it does to me. :)
I also sent a novelette to Tordotcom today. At least I won't have to worry about that story for awhile, because on their website they admit that response time can be rather slow.
That puts my total number of submission for the year at 54. So my sub-a-week goal has been achieved.
For those counting along at home, my number of novel-related submissions to agents/editors/contests now sits at 4. My goal for the year is 10. So, yeah, I'm going to be submitting to a few agents this week (I hope), maybe this novel, maybe "Flight". We'll see.
The shiny counter:
54 / 52 submissions. 104% done!